Featured Post

THE TAIL OF BOOMERANG ROO

Saturday, May 31, 2014

THE UNFORGOTTEN

            "When one's only noteworthy trait is invisibility, who notices?  Sure, I might be indescript, but that also makes me undefinable, and undefinable equals unique.  So, I cope.  I cope a lot.  When alone, you cope; you pray in Jesus name... and then you are not alone.  And I am not complaining, because God takes care of me."  Milo frequently thought out loud on the elevator.

            "And you are telling me this why?"  Stern feminine voice asked, added, "I am complaining because I do not know you!"

            "Sorry," Milo had forgotten, he was not alone.  He had not meant to unease the grey dress suit clad lady beside him in the elevator.  "With my luck she is probably the new Dean of Science," he silently stressed to himself.  At least he thought he had said it silently; he stressed all the more.  He stared at the floor the rest of the trip up to third floor Theoretical Physics gig.

            In the hall Milo wondered, "Why is she following me?"  And follow him she did right into classroom and sat on mid front row facing him as he took laptop from tote to table top.  Milo looked around.  He was early.  No one else was there, just him and her, her and him.  He stared straight into her eyes.  Too long, he stared straight into her eyes.

            The lady stood.  Unblinking and staring right  back she strode up to and around his desk.  In eye to eye austerity she stated, "I am Dr. Kimberly J. Jacek, your new Dean of Science."

            "Oh no, sorry," was all Milo had.

            "You are sorry that I am the new Dean of Science?" Kimberley raised eyebrow.

            "Yes... no... sorry," Thru wire rimmed glasses the eyes of Milo found floor again.

            "You know what I think, Milo?  You are Professor Milo Merus, are you not?  Kimberly leaned threateningly forward over the shorter man.

            Milo winced, answered not a word; concentrated on becoming one with the unfeeling cold floor.

            Kimberly leaned closer. "Milo... Milo... I know you are in there, Milo."

            Milo could not speak.  He and floor neared oneness.

            "Milo," the lips of Kimberley whispered in his ear, "do you remember on the elevator I said: I am complaining because I do not know you.  Well, I meant it.  I want to know you, Milo.  You see, I have a thing for short bespectacled math nerds who talk to themselves on elevators... who are humble... and who pray..."

            "Sometimes fogged up spectacles are needed to see clearly the prayer answered," Milo extrapolated out loud.

                                     Psalm 37:11 + Matthew 5:5 = Philippians 4:13

            What is in a name?  Our characters take a bow: Milo Merus: mild & pure; Kimberley Jacek: a royal fortress of good report.

               

          

No comments: